Immigration Answers about Mexico

I get questions about immigration, and how people can move from the USA to Mexico all the time.  Since the election of Donald Trump in the USA, my requests for immigration information have increased drastically.  Every day now I get questions from people wanting to get out of the USA, and come live in Mexico.  Yesterday I met a woman from Minnesota who is ready to get out of the USA and move to Mahahual.

She asked me all the usual questions about life here, and how could she sell her house up north, and live here.  She asked me if she could start a business, or get a job here.  I told her there are several ways to do that here in Mexico, but maybe she should talk to a professional immigration specialist, or someone who knows more about immigration than me.

There are numerous options in dealing with immigration here in Mexico for expats, and I don’t know much about them.  I know what you need to do to buy a house or property here, but not much on immigration options.  So I recommended Legally in Mexico to her, and told her to get in touch with my friend Milly Arceo there, and she could help her.

Legally in Mexico has helped people I know and friends of mine to get their permanent resident visas and other documentation. So if you are thinking of retiring or moving to Mexico in the future I hope this information will be helpful for you. And don’t worry Milly speaks excellent English, and is very helpful.

Mildred Herrera, Legally in Mexico, immigration specialist.

Mildred Herrera, Legally in Mexico, immigration specialist.

Legally in Mexico

Mildred Herrera and her team are a group of professionals working exclusively in Mexican Immigration Law, specializing in immigration for individuals, families and business. We are experienced and dedicated. Our goal is to comply with immigration laws and other derivatives of Mexican law. Our service assists foreigners in the process of complying with Mexican Immigration laws, and obtaining the most appropriate visa. Our promise is to provide this service to you in the shortest possible time and with the utmost professionalism.

If you want to live and work in Mexico, you’ll need a work visa. You can apply for your work visa either from home, prior to arrival in Mexico, or at the closest Mexican embassy after arrival. We will assist you with the required documentation and prepare you for your interview.

If you or your company is looking to employ foreigners we can help you through this. Immigration law requires that you obtain proof of employment for all employees, to be renewed annually. We can assist you with these documents and with ongoing service for the renewals.

For citizens of certain countries, you will need to comply with additional requirements of Mexican Immigration Law and obtain special permission to visit. If this is you, we can support and assist you with the process and required documentation. Whether you require a work visa, family visa or study visa, we are here to help you!

In Mexico we have laws that promote and facilitate the legal stay of any person of any nationality. Our services will streamline these procedures, making them simple, uncomplicated and affordable. Our dedicated team of specialists focus 100% of their time working and complying with immigration law and procedures. We always aim to satisfy our customers, minus the hassles. If you do not find what you need, please call us or send us an email and we will answer you with pleasure, with no obligation.

If you entered Mexico as a tourist, and on arrival you obtained permission to stay for fewer than 180 days, we will extend your stay. Just remember that 180 days is the maximum number of days you can stay in the country as a tourist.

There are a few different types of visas that you can apply for, depending on your situation or interest. Below, we mention the most common:

1. Visitor Visa without permission to engage in gainful activity: If you need a visa to come to Mexico, this is ideal as it allows you to stay in a Mexican territory for up to 180 days. This visa entitles you to multiple entries and exits.

2. Temporary Resident Visa: The duration of this visa varies from one to four years. This visa is applicable if you have relatives in Mexico with a temporary resident card or Mexican relatives. This visa is also suitable if you have an employee offer, for pensioners and retirees (must demonstrate required 400 days of minimum wage in Mexico City), if you have enough money to live on your resources (20,000 days of minimum wage in Mexico City), have property (with a value of 40,000 days of minimum wage in Mexico City) or by being an investor (20,000 days of minimum wage in Mexico City).

3. Permanent Resident Visa: This visa is if you have Mexican relatives or a foreign permanent resident card. It is also possible to obtain this visa if you have and can provide proof of sufficient funds in a bank account in your home country (show 25,000 days of minimum wage in Mexico City ) or if you’re a pensioner or retiree (show 500 days of minimum wage in Mexico City). A Permanent Resident Visa has no duration and does not require renewal.

If you already have a valid immigration document (FM3 or FM2), we will help you renew it. New immigration laws came into effect on 9 November 2012, and we can help you understand these new laws and renew your documents accordingly. If you have a temporary residence visa or a temporary or permanent student visa, we can also exchange these in accordance with the new laws.

If you have foreign people working with you, it is necessary to create a “proof of employment register” for all the employees in your company. This is a very important immigration document for companies and we can help you with that.

If you’re in your country and thinking about living or working in Mexico, why wait? We can help you wherever you are right now and start your immigration process. Together we can complete the necessary paperwork and save you time applying for legal residency. Don’t hesitate to call us from wherever you are.

You can contact us by email or call us.
From outside of Mexico: +1 914 331 1146
From Mexico: 01 984 157 5589

So if you have any questions about immigrating to Mexico, or even retiring here in the future, contact Milly and she can answer all your questions.  I highly recommend her, she has already helped out several people I know.

Thanks for reading,

Stewart Rogers USA-South Carolina



Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s